The Illusionists are on tour and get ready to have your mind absolutely blown! This show features masters of illusion from all over the world who are the absolute best at what they do! Their magic happens right before your eyes and you will leave needing to debrief with someone because you will leave with your jaw dropped!
I took my seven year old son and we had an absolute blast! It was not too scary for him and yet there was plenty of humor that only adults understood. What made this show so special is the performers. Their acts were as unique as their personalities and the crowd interaction made the entire audience feel like they were a part of the show!
We each had our favorites! Mine was the magic of Colin Cloud, The Deductionist! I was utterly blown away at his ability to essentially read minds! I am still scratching my head and how he was able to deduct his answers that were all correct! My son will tell you that his favorite that he watched was also the one that he watched through his hands on his face! The Escapologist, Andrew Besso, was underwater for almost 4 nail biting minutes!
But, one thing is for sure, every moment of The Illusionist is pure magic and entertainment and definitely a can’t miss event for everyone young and old!
Here are the Illusionists
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry: Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Inventor, Kevin James is known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso: Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Deductionist, Colin Cloud, one of the greatest thought readers of all time is a psychic savant known as a real-life Sherlock Holmes. Don’t play against him in a game of poker – he’s never lost.
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin, is widely considered one of the most creative, skilled, and frankly crazy stunt performers in the world. He is an accomplished knife thrower, archer, escape artist, fakir, martial artist, free diver, and free climber. Unlike the other performers in the show, Jonathan is not a magician or illusionist but he will leave the audience breathless with his death-defying stunts.
- The Manipulator, An Ha Lim: The first place winner at Korea’s Busan International Magic Competition, Italy Club Convention Manipulation and World Magic Seminar in Asia, An Ha Lim was also a Golden Lion Award winner at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas.
THE ILLUSIONISTS will be at the Aronoff Center from March 21 – 26, 2017
Tuesday – Thursday at 7:30PM
Friday at 8:00PM,
Saturday at 2:00PM and 8:00PM,
Sunday at 1:00PM and 6:30PM.
Tickets start at $30. They are available at the Aronoff Center Box Office downtown at 650 Walnut Street, online at CincinnatiArts.org or by phone at 513.621.ARTS.
For groups of 10 or more, contact the group sales department at 513.369.4363. Performance schedule, prices and cast are subject to change without notice.